A safe place to stay and connect to support.
Between April 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023:
505 people sleeping in shelter per day (on average)
6,839 unique individuals accessed shelter
552,600 meals served
Our emergency shelter provides more than just a place to stay for those at risk of or experiencing homelessness. We offer a broad spectrum of care including health programs and housing options – all geared to helping people find their way home. As a housing-focused shelter, we work with individuals to make their stay with us as brief as possible.
Low-barrier support for adults (18+); no eligibility requirements and no referral required
– supervised overnight sleeping accommodation
– supervised daytime sleeping accommodation
– meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and bagged lunches
– hygiene services, including showers, laundry, and hygiene products
– emergency clothing for those staying in shelter
– supervised day drop-in service
– mail, fax, telephone services
– storage lockers available for individuals staying in shelter
– support to vulnerable groups in times of extreme heat or cold, and other severe weather conditions
We’re always open
– walk in 24/7, 365 days a year
– located at 1 Dermot-Baldwin Way SE
– Call our 24-hour line: (403) 266-3600
Person-Centred and Trauma-Informed Considerations in Housing-Focused Shelter Manual
In partnership with OrgCode Consulting Inc., we are pleased to present this guide designed to assist shelters in the ongoing integration of person-centered, trauma-informed care within emergency shelter. Recognizing the importance of continuous improvement in fostering a more empathetic and housing-focused approach, we understand that this guide is a dynamic tool that will grow and adapt through ongoing feedback and collaborative efforts.
Please feel free to reach out to Kevin Webb at email@example.com to share your perspectives, suggestions, and any noteworthy practices that have proven successful in your shelter setting.