Employment Services Training
We are here to help you get back to work.
The Employment Services Training (EST) program is funded by the Government of Alberta and intends to provide Calgarians with essential training to gain meaningful employment. Due to COVID-19, EST is now online.
There are a few requirements that you should be aware of. To be accepted to EST, we ask that you:
- provide proof of low- or no-income (examples: low-income bus pass, recent bank statement, recent tax statement),
- are legally able to work in Canada,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) to take the program,
- are between 18 and 65 years of age,
- are a resident of Calgary, Alberta at the time of application,
- complete an information interview,
- pass a knowledge assessment, and
- share a resume with us.
Upcoming EST Program Schedule
Intake is ongoing. You will be contacted once your application has been submitted and received to schedule an intake & assessment appointment. If you do not get a call or email from us, please contact us at 403-699-8283 or email@example.com to schedule an interview.
|Course||Course Dates:||Applications Will Be Accepted Between:||You Will Know Your Status By:|
|P-188||January 4th to January 22nd, 2021||November 28th to December 23rd, 2020||December 29th, 2020|
|P-189||February 1st to February 19th, 2021||December 28th, 2020 to January 18th, 2021||January 25th, 2021|
|P-190||March 1st to March 19th, 2021||January 19th to February 16th, 2021||February 22nd, 2021|
|P-191||April 6th to April 23rd, 2021||February 17th to March 22nd, 2021||March 29th, 2021|
|P-192||May 3rd to May 21st, 2021||March 23rd to April 19th, 2021||April 26th, 2021|
|P-193||June 7th to June 25th, 2021||April 20th to May 25th, 2021||May 31st, 2021|
|P-194||July 5th to July 23rd, 2021||May 26th to June 22nd, 2021||June 28th, 2021|
|P-195||August 9th to August 27th, 2021||June 23rd to July 26th, 2021||August 3rd, 2021|
|P-196||September 7th to September 24th, 2021||July 27th to August 23rd, 2021||August 30th, 2021|
|P-197||October 4th to October 22nd, 2021||August 24th to September 20th, 2021||September 27th, 2021|
|P-198||November 1st to November 19th, 2021||September 21st to October 18th, 2021||October 25th, 2021|
|P-199||November 29th to December 17th, 2021||October 19th to November 15th, 2021||November 22nd, 2021|
Intake and Assessment Process
- Intake appointments are 30-45 minutes.
- Intake appointments allow us to sit down and talk about how the program will meet your needs. It is also an opportunity to discuss other options if you realize the program isn’t the best match for you.
- We conduct a Literacy Assessment, which is 10 multiple choice questions based on content from the safety certification courses. In order to be successful in the course, you must get a 7/10 on this assessment.
- During your appointment, you will find out which day you can expect to know your status in the course.